One of the country’s biggest financial institutions, CBZ Holdings has announced plans to increase its partnership with our company through investments in the latest waste management technology.

This was said by the CBZ Holdings Group Chief Executive Officer Lawrence Nyazema when he toured our project in Pomona on Thursday. 

He said: “We have been in partnership with Geo Pomona from day one. As CBZ, our theme is we are partners for success. There is still more to be done; a big need for modern equipment.”

Nyazema said he was greatly impressed by our modern facility.  

“I have been greatly impressed,” he said after the tour.

The CBZ Holdings CEO added: “The transformation from a dumpsite to a waste management facility is a key success that we have recorded as Zimbabweans over the past few years.

“And I think we should build on that success to ensure that not only Harare benefits but the rest of the country and indeed the rest of the SADC region before we look at other regions in Africa.

“This is a first on the continent, and it’s something that we can easily export to other parts of the continent. We have seen snippets of it, and thanks to our media, but I think we need the end-to-end story to be told to our people.”

Our Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairperson Dr Dilesh Nguwaya said more focus was also on removing illegal dumpsites in the capital city. 

“So far, we have done well in terms of waste collection. If you check our statistics, when we started on 10 February, our statistics have been going up. We are collecting 1 500 tonnes to 2 000 tonnes per day, which is a significant figure.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *